Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Easy Pesto Sauce

As we are getting ready to vacation in Italy, I decided to make some Italian food.  I usually make my own pasta sauce but have never made pesto sauce.  It could not be easier!  If you like pesto you should try this simple and easy recipe.

I took this recipe from Rick Steve's Italy movie along with tips from online.  There was a short demonstration on the movie which told what to put in it.  This sauce is strong but very tasty!  I made some bruschetta to go along with the pesto and pasta.

Prep Time: about 8 minutes, plus time to cook pasta
Servings: 4

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups fresh basil leaves - the easiest thing to do is buy a small herb plant unless you have basil growing in your garden
  • 1/2 cup pine nuts (I heated them about 5 minutes on the stove)
  • 2-3 cloves garlic, peeled
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

In a food processor, blend together basil leaves, nuts, garlic, and oil.  Stir in salt and pepper to taste. Serve over warm pasta and top with cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment